This Saturday, January 12th, is the start date for two races.
The CB300 highlights:
- It is a competitive field of top quality mushers and dog teams.
- Is exciting for the fans and spectators. The checkpoints are accessible and dog teams can often be veiwed from the road system.
- The SP Kennel Handler crew - Ray, Ryne and Moira - will be on their toes as they assist the Black Team from the start to finish. Although no outside assistance is allowed; handlers are critical in terms of pre and post race dog care, drop dogs, maneuvering the team through the five designated checkpoints, as well as checkpoint clean up.
- The CB300 is the best 300 mile race to get the SP Kennel dogs and mushers somewhat prepared for the Yukon Quest.
- The BLACK TEAM line up will be posted Saturday morning.
- Moira will be reporting with videos, photos and details from the CB300 on the SP Kennel Dog Log.
The Solstice Race highlights:
The Two Rivers Solstice 50/100 starts at 11AM in Two Rivers. Aliy will be racing the Red Team in the 100 mile race. Meghan will take the seven SP Kennel yearlings (and several adult leaders) on their first race EVER!
- This race has been re-scheduled from the original date of December 22.
- The field of mushers and dog teams is unknown until race day however it will likely include many of the local Two Rivers mushers.
- The most exciting news is that the start, mid way and finish checkpoint are all the same: Pleasant Valley Store. The store is the community center of Two Rivers. It will be easy for race spectators to grab a cup of coffee, a hot dog and stroll through the dog team activity between 9AM - 11AM, 4PM - 10PM, and again Midnight - 6AM.
- The SP Kennel Handler crew will be Wendy and Bob. They will help both teams to the starting line. Wendy will report details on the SP Kennel Dog Log during the 4 hour layover at Pleasant Valley Store. Finish times and placement will be reported Sunday.
- The RED TEAM line up will be posted Saturday morning.
- The yearling RED & BLACK TEAM line up will be posted Saturday morning.