SATURDAY, November 25th
The Two Rivers Tune Up Sled Dog Race has been cancelled due to lack of adequate snow. The race course is hard packed and the Two Rivers Club Trail Boss does not think he can adequately and safely mark the route. (In other words... the darn markers won't stick in the limited amount of snow on the ground.)
But, you say... the SP Kennel dogs (and mushers) are ready to race! So, we have decided to have an Invitational SP Kennel "Race" of our own.
SP Kennel dogs and SP Kennel mushers.
1. Coffee at 10 AM.
2. Teams will be selected after coffee.
3. Each team will be comprised of:
- one "mature dog" (over 7 years)
- four "middle-aged dogs" (2 to 6 years)
- one "youngster" (1 year old.)
In order of entry, each musher will select their first dog, then each musher will choose their second dog, then each musher will choose their third dog and so on ... until each team has 6 dogs.
4. Each musher will be given a map of the course. Approximately 10 miles.
5. Each team must carry one 40 pound sack of Eagle Pack MVP Dog Food and 2 snow hooks.
6. Race Starts at 11 AM (hopefully.)
7. Ray Crowe is Race Marshall. (So, absolutely no griping or complaining.)
8. Moira Shepherd is Race Timer. (She's from a different hemisphere, so if the times are a little off... deal with it!)
9. If it's cold on race day, then dress appropriately!
1. Aliy Zirkle
2. Allen Moore
3. Meghan Luke
4. Ryne Olson
5. Bridgett Watkins
6. Bob Hauer
1. Race Timing begins at 11 AM when the first musher begins harnessing dogs. Each musher is responsible for harnessing their own team. The Race Marshall can help the teams while hooking up and leaving the yard.
2. The next musher starts harnessing their team 5 minutes after the first musher, and so on, until the last musher harnesses and leaves.
3. All mushers race the 10 mile course.
4. When the teams return to the yard, the musher must give their team a wet snack and return the dogs to their houses. (The correct houses.)
5. Race Timing ends when the musher puts the last dog back at his/her house.
6. A 5-minute time penalty will be applied to all mushers who do not help with race day pre-coffee morning chores.
Team Rosters will be posted the day of the race!