Iditarod 2010: Bosses At Rest

(Spoiler warning: If you want the story behind this photo, read below. If you just want to enjoy its pricelessness, don't!)



Aliy texted me a little while ago: "I'm awake... Wanna chat?" So, I went to Bridgett's place and sat down with "the Boss" to talk about dropped dogs. After only a minute or two, it became clear to me that I was alone in our conversation.

At that moment, Bridgett came in from feeding the dogs -- again! -- and had Cha with her. For no reason other than my own pleasure, I picked Cha up and held her in my lap... All the while reassuring her that it was okay to be a "pet dog" for a few minutes.

Not very much to my surprise, Cha sighed heavily a couple of times and settled right in. I couldn't stay there because I had to get back to work, so I picked Cha up and put her on the couch with "Boss Aliy."

Apparently, Cha has very quickly adapted to the idea of being a "pet dog" for a while.

I still don't have the whole story to share with you about dropped dogs, but they really are fine... One in particular, if you know what I mean!

Labels: