Congratulations Spot!

Congratulations to Spot who is our newest sponsored dog!

Lynn Budzak is a long-time SP Kennel fan and dog sponsor who wrote the other day to say she wanted to correct a grave injustice. "For years now," she wrote, "I have sponsored those two crazy brothers Biscuit and Tatfish, but I've only just realized by reading the dog page that sweet Spot is their sister! It just seems wrong to sponsor the boys and not the girl, so I want to sponsor Spot too! I'll be at the iditarod start again this year and my father will be with me. It's so fun to have a dog in the race and I want to share that experience with him, so please put him down as Spot's sponsor."

Okay, Lynn, you've got Spot too, and a fine dog she is! Always sweet and very lovable around the Kennel, Spot is the kind of dog you just can't help giving a hug to whenever you walk by her house. Out on the trail, though, she is a strong, tough sled dog. She may not quite have the same crazy energy as her brothers, but she's a whole lot easier to handle!

When asked what he thought of his sister finally having a sponsor, Biscuit said, "That's great! Sis deserves some recognition. She's a great sled dog, and she certainly put up with a lot from me and knucklehead over there when we were all in the puppy pen together." When asked the same question, "knucklehead" Tatfish replied, "She's my sister? Wow! I thought she was just a cute girl across the alley. Oops, my bad!"

So, congratulations to Spot and the Budzaks! When you get to Anchorage for Iditarod, come by the Clarion Suites Downtown and give Spot a hug!
(Not a dog sponsor yet? Well, you're in luck! A few of our fantastic dogs are still available for sponsorship. Just email us -- SPKDogLog@gmail.com -- to tell us which dog inspires you to embark on a truly "insider" experience in the life of an SP Kennel Alaskan Husky sled dog!)

Labels: