CB300: Finish Follow-Ups

Truth is, I'm pretty beat... But, I don't want the excitement of the weekend to just fizzle out or the success of SP Kennel to go unheralded. So, I'm going to try to put together a few more follow-up posts before I crash.

Allen, Aliy and Doug and are all back here at HQ getting a little sleep. Ray has hit the road to get back to work in Fairbanks. Bob called to report that Bridgett has cleared the Glennallen checkpoint. We will all go back out to Tolsona to see her finish some time around 11 or so.

The Black and Red team dogs have had multiple snacks and two hot meals, and are all resting out in the dog truck. They were reunited with the dropped dogs who all seem to be quite happy. Spending time in the dog truck is no hardship for any of them. They are quite comfy in their straw-filled boxes, enjoying frequent opportunities to get out and stretch... and, of course, to eat like hounds!

I've skimmed through my footage for the day, and although it looks like there may be some stuff of the teams running along the road that might be useful, nothing really stood out for editing into a video for you. Maybe when I can see it with my eyelids open it will look different.

I did find a few photos that are worth sharing. Here is Allen's Black Team approaching the finish line at Tolsona.



All 12 dogs and the musher are tired and a bit crusty-faced, but running right through to the end. At the finish line, you can barely see Allen conferring with the officials while the dogs chow down on their first of many snacks... and while Jeff King takes a good look at the dogs who almost ran him down!



Here is Aliy running along the road on approach to the Tolsona finish. The light was pretty dim and I was hiding behind my truck, but you can see that several of the dogs spotted me.



Aliy just called to say it's time to get something to eat. So, I'll leave it at that for now. I'll try to post an update after we see Bridgett!

Labels: