Macgellan Update: Greetings From Fairbanks!

After eight hard days of driving, I arrived in Fairbanks late this afternoon with a real sense of accomplishment.

It would be impossible to describe the AlCan drive in words, but I'm confident that I have enough good photos and video to edit into something special for you to see. I promise to work on it as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, I'd just like to give credit where credit is due. My trusty truck -- whom I call "Darth" for obvious reasons -- performed spectacularly during the entire 2,300 mile journey. Here is a photo of him on the road today from Tok to Delta Junction.


Considering the number of people I talked to along the way who suffered breakdowns, flat tires, busted axles and the like, I am very thankful for a mechanically uneventful drive. Thanks to Darth!

I decided to stay in town tonight rather than push on to the Kennel. Partly because it is already getting dark and I didn't want to try to get set up there without being able to see what I'm doing. Mostly, though, because I'm pretty worn out and wanted to give myself a night to rest up a little before diving into the fast pace of the Kennel.

And fast paced I can assure you it will be! Just as soon as I get done smooching every dog in the yard, I'll have a meeting with the bosses and "get after it!"

Stay tuned!

Labels: