Remarkable Recovery -- Ready To Happy Dance!

It seemed to me that after running more than a thousand miles over the course of 11 or 12 days, the dogs would take a few days of "down time" to recover their energy. So, when I went over to visit them this morning I was very quiet about peeking around Bridgett's house to see how they were resting. To my utter amazement, all of the dogs were not only up on their feet but pulling at their chains to go running again!

Sled dogs have a truly remarkable recovery rate, and it really give credence to what Dr. Mike Davis says about them having a fatigue resistant physiology. Seriously, all of the dogs look fantastic, and some of them look even better than they did at the Kennel before the Iditarod!

One dog in particular is as full of energy as ever, and the second she saw me she started going nuts. So, both as evidence of the dogs' remarkable recovery rate and because she just cracks me up, I offer you this little video of Happy making it very clear she is ready to do the Happy Dance!

Labels: , , ,