Iditarod 2009: Aliy Out Of White Mountain

Bridgett just returned from an overnight snow machine trip to White Mountain where she saw Aliy and had a great visit. She said the dogs looked fantastic and that Aliy was in really good shape. Aliy left White Mountain on schedule at 5 o'clock this morning, so we expect her to arrive here in Nome sometime mid-afternoon. Good news!

Some other really great news is that Aliy has been shooting video out on the trail and she gave the memory cards to Bridgett to bring back to me. I've only taken the briefest look at some of it, but I can tell you there is some really amazing "live" footage. I will start processing it as fast as possible and upload it as fast as my lousy internet connection will allow, but for the moment I will share with you this frame: A self-portrait by Aliy somewhere out on the Yukon! Stay tuned!

Labels: , ,