Solstice 50/100 Mile Sled Dog Race -- Part 1

Aliy and Allen have just started the Solstice 50/100 Mile Sled Dog Race here in Two Rivers!

As soon as both teams had left the starting point, I packed up the dog truck as fast as I could and hurried back here to the Kennel. In a little race of my own, I have taken the footage I shot this morning and edited it into this video post. (Special thanks to Wilson -- my fabulous MacBook Pro -- for an astonishingly fast job of processing video!)

I have only a few minutes before I must climb into Big Red and hustle up the road to the checkpoint where Aliy and Allen will soon be arriving. So, I don't have time to write about what you're going to see and will have to hope that the video is self-explanatory.

I tried to do a pretty complete narrative while I was shooting, so I hope it works out for you. Please let me know in the comments!

Labels: , ,