Outtake: Boo Booties Betsy Boo Boo

Whenever you shoot and edit video, there's always a lot of footage that gets "left on the cutting room floor." Most of the time you don't really mind because it's usually footage that either doesn't add anything to the story or just didn't work our right for some reason. Sometimes, though, while you can't use the footage in the video you're editing, it seems a shame to waste a precious moment of film.

This was true of one clip as I was recording Allen and Aliy for "Boo Booties" and suddenly had unexpected camera movement that spoiled the shot. Although I couldn't use the clip in the final video, I hated to waste the really sweet moment of film that followed with Betsy -- who was pawing at my arm and was, in fact, the source of the camera movement.

So, I've decided to start another little series of videos which I am going to call "Outtakes." I figure if it's good enough for the Hollywood crowd to include outtakes in their movies, it's got to be good enough for us too.

I hope you enjoy this first outtake featuring Betsy!

Labels: , , ,