Loading The Dogs

We're packing the trucks and loading the dogs, getting ready to head to the GinGin 200 Mile Sled Dog Race this weekend. So, the pace at the Kennel is at full speed!

We will be running three teams, with Aliy, Allen and Bridgett mushing ten dogs each. The GinGin is another short, early-season race which they plan to use as an excellent "tune-up" for the very important Copper Basin 300 in two weeks. So, Aliy and Allen will not be trying to finish at the top of the field, but you just never know what might happen!

I thought you might like to see what we mean when we talk about "loading the dogs" so I've edited this video from a clip I shot a few weeks ago:



At the GinGin, I will be driving a snow machine about 50 miles into the main checkpoint. I'm hopeful that there will be some kind of internet connection which I can use to post updates on the race action, but the checkpoint is so remote that I'll admit I'm a bit skeptical.

You know I'll post if I can, so stay tuned right here!

Meanwhile, for general information you can visit gingin200.com and for race updates you can check out the race blog.

Labels: , , , ,