Stella

You might have heard us say it before, but one of our favorite aspects of mushing is the dogs' unique personalities. We like to highlight the individual dogs with our Spotlight series, personalized dog cards, and the Congratulation posts. However, one dog is often times overlooked: Stella.


Stella is the official SP Kennel greeter. Instead of a mint on your pillow, you'll find Stella. When I first arrived at SP Kennel in October, Allen and Aliy suggested I take Stella back to my cabin for the evening. I knew that she would be leaving for a pet home in a couple weeks, so I thought that perhaps my job was to help acclimate her to the house. In reality, it was probably the opposite. Stella knew just how the house worked. I later learned that she had been Macgellan's bed buddy before mine and that I wasn't really special; Stella loves everyone. When I took her running and skiing, she would stay right by my side, and due to her friendly nature and good manners, she was a regular on puppy walks. Now two months later, Stella is still here. Her pet home fell through, so it looks like she'll be sharing the cabin with me for awhile longer.

So even though Stella might not have her own Spotlight clip or dog card, she still deserves to be highlighted as the SP Kennel official greeter.







A little video of Stella during the summer.

Labels: ,