DD: Early Saturday Morning

Good morning! My eyes are barely open and I'm only having my first coffee... So, I repeat my prior caveat: "If I'm reading this leader board correctly..."



The SP Kennel Black Team was third out of Alpine Creek, only 16 minutes behind the leader. They have more dogs and just came off more rest. Plus -- I hope my math is right on this -- they were faster than the leaders over the last leg of the race.

Forgetting the numbers for a moment, here's what I'm picturing:

Allen Moore and Bridgett Watkins -- two of the most competitive humans on earth -- have just watched two teams leave only minutes ahead of them. They are on the trail now and can probably see the leaders' lights not far away. They are poling and kicking non-stop.

Twenty SP Kennel dogs -- all fantastic athletes and competitors -- know they are running to the finish line and back to the trucks. From the two fresh front-end dogs -- veterans ChaCha and Teddy (who have just come off more than 24 hours of rest) -- back to the wheelies -- Biscuit and Tatfish (who don't have an "off" switch) -- they are all "gettin' after it!"

Plus, they've got Happy!

I don't need the math to know what's going on, do you?

I do need to hit the road... Stay tuned!

Labels: