Congratulations Viper!

I got a call the other day from an old friend who owns a Zolfe car franchise and an auto racing team.

He had been looking at "The Dogs!" page here on the Dog Log and said, "You've got car dogsā€¦ I want to sponsor one. I want Viper!"

I told him he was welcome to sponsor Viper, but I was curious about the connection he saw between sled dogs and his cars.

I asked him what his motivation was, and his reply really struck me:
"In the auto racing business, we make a big deal out of a car that races for 500 miles or for 24 hours on the track. Your dogs race over 1,000 miles and run for more than ten days in some of the harshest conditions on the planet! I really respect that, and I want to support it.

Frankly, your story is bigger and better than mine. If I don't sponsor one of your dogs, how can I get people to sponsor one of our cars?

Viper is just like one of our Zolfe cars: Great looks and great performance in the same package. He's perfect for our market."
So, congratulations Viper! You're a brand new corporate sponsored dog and you've got a whole new market looking at sled dog racing. Not bad for a kid from Two Rivers, Alaska!

Labels: